Proportion Global Community App End User License Agreement for App Store
This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is between you and Proportion Global Community and governs use of this app made available through the Apple App Store. By installing the Proportion Global Community App, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and understand that there is no tolerance for objectionable content. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are not entitled to use the Proportion Global Community App.
In order to ensure Proportion Global Community provides the best experience possible for everyone, we strongly enforce a no tolerance policy for objectionable content. If you see inappropriate content, please use the “Report as offensive” feature found under each post.
1. Parties This Agreement is between you and Proportion Global Community only, and not Apple, Inc. (“Apple”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and Apple has the right to enforce this Agreement against you. Proportion Global Community, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Proportion Global Community App and its content.
2. Privacy Proportion Global Community may collect and use information about your usage of the Proportion Global Community App, including certain types of information from and about your device. Proportion Global Community may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to measure the use and performance of the Proportion Global Community App.
3. Limited License Proportion Global Community grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Proportion Global Community App for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You may only use the Proportion Global Community App on Apple devices that you own or control and as permitted by the App Store Terms of Service.
4. Age Restrictions By using the Proportion Global Community App, you represent and warrant that (a) you are 17 years of age or older and you agree to be bound by this Agreement; (b) if you are under 17 years of age, you have obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian; and (c) your use of the Proportion Global Community App does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your access to the Proportion Global Community App may be terminated without warning if Proportion Global Community believes, in its sole discretion, that you are under the age of 17 years and have not obtained verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you provide your consent to your child’s use of the Proportion Global Community App, you agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect to your child’s use of the Proportion Global Community App.
5. Objectionable Content Policy Content may not be submitted to Proportion Global Community, who will moderate all content and ultimately decide whether or not to post a submission to the extent such content includes, is in conjunction with, or alongside any, Objectionable Content. Objectionable Content includes, but is not limited to: (i) sexually explicit materials; (ii) obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, violent and/or unlawful content or profanity; (iii) content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent; (iv) content that promotes the use or sale of illegal or regulated substances, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms; and (v) gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker.
6. Warranty Proportion Global Community disclaims all warranties about the Proportion Global Community App to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent any warranty exists under law that cannot be disclaimed, Proportion Global Community, not Apple, shall be solely responsible for such warranty.
7. Maintenance and Support Proportion Global Community does provide minimal maintenance or support for it but not to the extent that any maintenance or support is required by applicable law, Proportion Global Community, not Apple, shall be obligated to furnish any such maintenance or support.
8. Product Claims Proportion Global Community, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by you relating to the Proportion Global Community App or use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) any product liability claim; (ii) any claim that the Proportion Global Community App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) any claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed an admission that you may have such claims.
9. Third Party Intellectual Property Claims Proportion Global Community shall not be obligated to indemnify or defend you with respect to any third party claim arising out or relating to the Proportion Global Community App. To the extent Proportion Global Community is required to provide indemnification by applicable law, Proportion Global Community, not Apple, shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any claim that the Proportion Global Community App or your use of it infringes any third party intellectual property right.
Proportion Global is the most decentralised human-centered design agency in the world. We serve NGOs and social enterprises to design impactful solutions for low-income communities with our network of local HCD professionals in South Asia and Africa. Vetted HCD experts are approved to be on the online community platform.
Our website address is: http://proportion.global.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We have forms to apply for becoming a member and to request access to resources. For that we will request data like your name, address and consent for approaching you according to the GDPR policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
Offer you access to the elearning platform and courses.
Email you with updates, newsletters, special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
If you agree, Our Company will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us:
Proportion Enterprise b.v. WG-Plein 478 1054SC Amsterdam The Netherlands