Dot voting is a collective way of prioritizing and converging on a design solution that uses group voting.
Allows for a consensus on which ideas need to be developed futher and the reasons behind that.
When there are more ideas than can be feasible to develop further.
- Select a group of people and invite them to a session. Arrange a location and materials for the session.
- As moderator, list down the ideas you want to vote for, and explain them where needed.
- Ask each participant to vote on their top 2 or 3 by using dots. Give them a limited number of dots, and they have to assign more to the idea they like the most.
- Count votes and arrange them in popularity.
- Discuss the reasons behind the hierarchy and see if the best idea(s) can be taken to the next level.