Co-creating a youth hub where youth entrepreneurs can offer their meaningful products and services to other youth.
- Oxfam Novib works with various implementing partners in the rural areas of Bangladesh. We organised workshops locally, where we trained the local implementing partners on the basics of human-centered design.
- After the workshop, the implementing partners conducted field research in their respective regions.
- We jointly analysed the research findings leading into a concept that would act as a platform where youth and young entrepreneurs could come together.
- Based on the concept direction, we pursuit additional research in one region to get a deeper understanding of all stakeholders in and around a public school.
- These learnings resulted into a concrete prototype of the idea, which is a shop where various entrepreneurs would get the opportunity to offer their products and services to the learners and teachers of the school, governed by a board of young students.
- We tested and piloted the prototype at the local school.
- The pilot test results were used to make further refinements and to develop a business case projecting self sustainability, as well as a business plan to further replicate the concept across Bangladesh.