The dark side turns your challenge into a negative one, forcing you to look at it from a refreshing angle.
Reframing your design challenge negatively forces you to look at your problem from another angle.
When you need a lot of ideas that bring a refreshing perspective on your design challenges.
- Arrange a room where you can focus and work for a couple of hours.
- Write down your design challenge and reframe it in the most negative way possible. For example, “How can we make our city more sustainable” becomes “How can we make our city the most polluted city of the world?”
- On the left side of your challenge, list down as many solutions as possible that solve your new design challenge. Write down each idea on a post it.
- Randomly take a post it from the left side, and add another idea that transforms the first solution into a positive one.
- Discuss all ideas with your group.
- If you want you can cluster and select final ideas.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in