A clickable prototype is a prototype that looks like and may work just like the finished product. It simulates the aesthetics of a proposed design.
To check if the design behaves as intended.
Once an idea has been developed enough and needs input on user behavior with it.
- Create a design, based on a concept that has been deemed promising.
- Map out the navigation and behavior that is wanted from the users, define the look and feel of buttons, screens and animations.
- Build the prototype, this can be done by programming or using special software that is designed for it.
- Recruit participants and ask them to test your prototype, give them tasks and ask them to complete them.
- Do a recording of the test, if possible record both the participant and the screen.
- Collect the results and analyze them.